Tuesday 8 January 2013

A Day (and a half) In The Making

Phew! As I type this up I'm struggling since my fingers are so sore and probably slightly swollen. I made myself a new purse the other day and it had a little bit of hand sewing to finish it off and my fingers dislike me now for it. I started working on the pattern the other night after supper, and started the purse right from when I got up in the morning, with only breaks for food. I wasn't stopping until it was done.

Totally worth it.

BAM! Check it.
My old record purse was falling apart and I wanted something new. Record purses don't fare well in the winter anyway (the records crack much easier) and I used this one far past the point of it looking good or being responsible. One of the straps was worn away to just threads and it was going to let go any day.

I kept seeing people around with these really good looking bags, with two huge side pockets and a zipped pocket in the middle. After searching 'purses' on pinterest and scrolling for ages, I finally found a reference picture to go by.
Not the most helpful of pictures without zoom..
From there I sketched out the pattern (which took a while, I kept getting stuck on one piece until my fella miraculously solved the mystery!) and made a pattern to size.


One of the pieces.
From there it was pretty basic putting together-ness..



And after ages I finally got my finished product!!

From the side. My zipper pull will always be a key. 
I love the detail on the strap. It's simple but came out looking great. 
The outer pockets are lined with snap closures.


Top down. 3 huge pockets!! This purse holds everything, it's fantastic.


Since we were taking pictures of the purse anyway, I wanted to get one of my shirt.. I seriously love this pattern, it's so comfy and fits like a dream!



But because I'm a nut case, one thing led to another and we ended up taking blurry pictures of me being a moron.






If you actually sat through this ridiculously long post, thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment