Thursday 22 September 2011

Foggy days and the rebirth of a dress


Pembroke has proven to be an interesting city in the month I've been here (while looking for an apartment). There's a man who dances on roller blades in the middle of the street and drums on things; there are the river cats who like to eat the food of East Side Mario's customers when they choose the patio seating; and there at times is a crazy amount of fog.

We (Mark, my boyfriend, and I) got up early one day and went down to the waterfront, (which is nice to see, being from an island and all), to take some photos.

You can see his at Threeark.




We're going tomorrow to take some more photos in some abandoned cities an hour-ish from where we are, and he wanted a red dress to photograph. A trip to value village later I found this beauty.


Okay.. not really a beauty. It has gaudy shoulderpads, the waist sits in a horrible place and the whole thing is just oversized and dated. 

I accepted the challenge.

First time sewing in a month felt great and I remade the dress in a couple hours. Stay tuned to see what the finished result looks like!


Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment