Monday 17 September 2012

Mani Monday: Sponge Gradient

So I decided to finally try the sponge gradient for nails, where you rip off a little piece of a makeup sponge, paint your polish on it and then dab it on your nail. I must say its virtually fool-proof, I thought it would take a few tries to get the hang of it but each nail came out perfectly. 2 layers of silver base coat, plus 2 coats of gold sponged on.. Though, since subtle is not my forté, I decided to add a little more bling with silver glitter on the silver part, and gold glitter the same shape and sizes on the gold part. Sally beauty makes my favourite glitter, multi sized hex glitters, and I buy it everytime I see a new color. So far I've got 3 :).



I still find it a little too subtle for my nails but I really wanted to try out the gold polish and I didn't want to end up wearing black polish twice in a row. Next time though, go bold or go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment