Tuesday 4 September 2012

Grand Theft Bus

I don't go out to bars very often. Once when my brother was in town for a drink (literally just one), I got the 'Cape Breton Punch' and it was just as awesome as I had hoped it was. I don't remember all the ingredients or which bar it was as they are lining the streets in the market but.. Anyway. We (the Mr and I) went to Mavericks last year to see the creepshow, and went again the other day to see Grand Theft Bus, a wonderful band from the maritimes. It was a nice bit of that east coast feel that I don't get enough here in Ottawa, and I have a feeling at least half the people there were from somewhere out that way. Flicker State opened for them, a band from Montreal I do believe..

Grand Theft Bus
Rum and cokes, dancing, loud bass, more dancing, and me saying 'by' and 'buddy' a lot, just cause I could.

Flicker State
Now if only some more east coast bands would come out this way, instead of going from Toronto to Montreal and skipping us altogether. (I'm looking at you, Slowcoaster).

The photos courtesy of the Mr, I took a whole 2 pictures myself during the last song on my phone.. I need a good camera that works at night! 
I actually am planning on getting an SLR of some form or another (one that I would be able to share lenses with) but it's not going to be a typical camera with typical uses. There's a company online that will alter your camera for you and peel of the IR filter on the lens. It would allow me to do infra red photography that I've always been a fan of, but it would never take a normal picture after having this done. Probably not the best for product shots and point and shoot styled pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment