Friday 10 August 2012

Lets Fall In Love.

The second day of (one of my) new jobs was stock day at the candy store, where we had to put out all the new stuff. I saw a wonderful piece of packaging that I turned to my co-worker and asked if I could keep it. The look on her face is one I get fairly often and I find it quite hilarious. "Yeah.. That's garbage.." And I'm thinking 'Yes, of course its garbage. And I want it. But I'm not going to just steal the garbage from the store now am I?' Oh my!

It looked like a perfect mold for something I wanted to try with resin, layers with things between it. It works pretty well but was somewhat of a one off, even with mold release sprayed twice inside it I had to rip the plastic apart to release the resin, it didn't pop out like I had hoped (I wonder if its the spray? It doesn't seem to work too well with my other mold either..). I really should just invest in a quality silicon moldbut why do that when there's all this garbage that's free?!

...I'm not cheap, I swear.

Regardless, I think these could be really fun, they're the perfect size and shape for what I want to do.

I'm thinking of adding one other color to the piece in the corner, but I haven't decided yet. You know, before I tear it to sh**.


Inside is a (mostly eaten) leaf I painted silver. That I picked off the ground while walking home the other day.. Oh, what the world must think of me..


I would just like to add how much I'm digging this song, Lets Fall In Love by Mother Mother, who are releasing a new album next month. I'm super excited about this as they're one of my most favourite bands ever :).

No comments:

Post a Comment