Thursday 15 November 2012

Tutorial: Quick and Easy Clothing Display!

One thing I've noticed a lot online around pinterest and craft sites is that people need display ideas, and are constantly looking. In getting ready for this craft fair I decided I wanted to bring my clothing with me which meant I needed to come up with a display rack, for next to nothing since I had no disposable income for this project, and no car to make it to ikea.

I did however, have one of these in storage.
Before:
Almost the same exact one I had.

Now this project took about 5 minutes to do.
First what you have to do is unhook and remove the top racks going across the top, and the ones holding it up. Now you're left with an 'A' shaped frame.
Next you take the piece going across the middle and unhook that, and rehook it to the very bottom run. This will make it stand more narrow but free up those top rings.
Lastly, using vicegrips (or something similar) pull off the rungs going across on one side. I removed both of them. That leaves room for the things to hang, assuming they're not too long.

Thats it! I covered the places where the bars were with some tape so they weren't rough, and it's ready to go! It's not the sturdiest, but braced against the side of the table at a craft fair it should more than do the trick.

After:


No comments:

Post a Comment