Tuesday 17 April 2012

Providence and Grace Makeup Review

I bought a few eyeshadows from P&G back when they were under another name on etsy. I don't have all the eyeshadows anymore but I will show you the swatches that I have. The samples came in clamshells in a bubble envelope.

First set: Coven, Gypsy, Black Gold and Dark Seas.

Their photo for example.
These looked beautiful in the containers (blacks with various colors of glitter in each) but I found the black was very weak with very little payoff. I had to layer it over another black eyeshadow and the glitter didn't pop. If I had owned a primer or a Nyx pencil when I had these, I might have liked them a lot more, but I got rid of them because they were taking up space. I kind of wish I didn't so I could try them again because seriously, the sparkle when you looked in the jar was so pretty.


Color Shower, Starlet, Mint, Emerald, Midnight Sky, on bare skin (top) and over primer (bottom).
Even though it doesn't show up well in the photos, color shower is the finest, prettiest rainbow glitter ever. I don't use it with makeup often, but I've been known to mix it into epoxy because of how light it is, so it doesn't settle.

Starlet is an almost bluish toned pink, but is more of a glitter texture than a shadow texture so there isn't much color payoff.

Mint and Emerald are two great greens that I think go very nicely together, and I do wear these on occasion. They're very frosty though, and I'm not a big fan so they don't get much use anymore. I did wear them a lot when I first bought these shadows though.

Midnight Sky is a very dark blue shadow that's almost black, and highly pigmented. Exactly as described. It's a great eyeshadow, but I've come to realize I do not like dark blues of this tone.

Would I buy from them again? A full sized 'Color Shower' is something that I need to own, but other than that, no. Some of their shadows are of good quality but the colors and color payoff aren't enough for me to want a second order.

No comments:

Post a Comment