Sunday 8 April 2012

Cupcakes, Squids and Face masks

That's right, cupcakes, squids and face masks. These are the things I got the opportunity of enjoying yesterday down at the Urban Craft fair in the GCTC. It was the first time I wasn't working while it was going on and I wanted to check it out. Especially since I sent in an application for next month and I wanted to see what to expect if I can score a table (its a juried show). It was a lot tinier than I expected but everything was super nice. The Mr and I got a delicious cupcake from Auntie Loo's Treats (I felt like a hot mess trying to eat it inconspicuously, so moist and so much icing combined with a messy person is never good. I shouldn't be allowed in public).

I also ended up buying this amazing shirt from Winged Beast Outfitters (I can't resist a shirt with a squid, I'm telling you).

And lastly I got a free sample of a chocolate face mask from Purple Urchin. I have yet to buy something from that store but their products are amazing from what I've gotten to try and they smell so so good. My favourite is the mango scent and I will buy the body butter.. One day! As for the mask, I'll try it on my next day off.

I am having some issues with my own stuff though, I'm going through a love hate relationship with my resin. I mix it, pour it, and half of it sets properly and the other half doesn't, and there's no reason why with the amount that I'm stirring it. It's perfect. It's OCD perfect, and measured just right. I don't know why, but some of it is still sticky 3 days later. So sticky, in fact, that I cannot use sandpaper to take the top layer off (the grit of the sandpaper sticks in the resin). So all my puzzle piece pendants, and all my eggs are probably going in the trash and I have no idea why, along with one of my spoons. I have a new way I've decided to make the eggs, cause lets face it, I need to make these eggs (much less of a chance of this happening again, but still.. what a waste!) but those puzzle pieces were the bomb! Super glitterly, plus the one I pictured the other day is so badass. I might keep that one still, and hope for the best. Maybe its the moisture in the air, or the fact that some pieces have several layers of resin.. I really don't know.

Aaannnnnd because this is the cutest thing I've seen all day... Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment