Wednesday 4 April 2012

New Stuff

I finally got the chance to finish some things yesterday, and photographed them today. I've been having a lot of fun experimenting with different things. See more photos in the shop.

This and the other puzzle pieces aren't actually finished (they're currently drying another coat of resin on top) but I couldn't resist sharing one.


I also stuffed my pockets with a few pinecones when we were in Gatineau the other day, dipped this one in  epoxy. Don't know what I'll do with it yet but it looks like its coated in ice.


Same spoon from one of my tutorials, but I added another layer of gold and resin.
Then there's these!! What I've been calling my 'Little Planets', I love these so much, I find they're so interesting. I'm trying to make one look like earth currently. I have a close contender drying but it's not quite right.. Once I figure out a technique I want to make all the planets.






I'm also thinking of changing the way I make my plastic jewelry. More specifically, how I seal the artwork. I started out using a brush and modge podge but I found it smudged the colors together on occasion, so I turned to an aerosol sealer about a year ago and have been fairly happy with it until yesterday, when I tried a new technique. It looks amazing, feels amazing, and makes it stronger. I'm torn on whether I should do this from now on, and if so do I go back and dechain all my old pieces to do the same?


Looks better if you ignore my fingerprints on everything, haha.
The ice cream cone and the cherries are done the new way, the butterfly skull the old way. I like the how they look, but it's not me who should decide. What do you all think? Should I do it to the old and new pieces? Or should I keep making them the way I am and offer the other coating as an option?

2 comments:

  1. The ones done the new way are beautiful and have a nice sheen, but not as clear as the old ones, unless it's just the way the picture is taken with the light shining on it.

    ReplyDelete