Thursday 29 March 2012

Spectrum Cosmetics Review

Spectrum Cosmetics is one of the first indie makeup company I ever bought from. They sell a wide range of products (eyeshadows, perfumes, lip stuff..). Samples come in baggies (with the option to get them in jars for an extra fee)

The colors:

Natural light.
With flash.
Foiled: My go to gold. This color is amazing, and the name is perfect. Whether its wet or dry, its the same level of shine, and it's easy to control.
Crest: A bonus sample that I received, a really amazing blue that I can't really describe. Sadly, I lost half of it when I first got it from not closing the baggy right..
Robin's egg: a wonderful bright blue color, foiled in my Hunger Games look.
Wicked: A matte deep green.
Shamrock: One of my favourite colors, a shimmery green gold color, a dup for Bad Bitch Cosmetic's 'B Kiddo'.

Ferric: A deep dark matte blue that is almost too pigmented. Just gorgeous but I don't wear it often because of the fallout being dangerously messy.


Seriously, I barely touched the shadow with my brush.
Pros:
The sample size is amazing. I used a baggy to completely fill a standard clamshell container, and have the better part of a second container leftover.

Backlit so you can see the amount through the bags. 
Great pigmentation.
Pictures on the website all include swatches and are extremely similar to what you're getting (all mine look exactly like what they show)

Cons:
Ferric is insane. (Not really a con, but you have to be careful with it. As I'm typing this my fingertips and the other side of my arm from the swatches are blue, and my soap bar is blue from washing the swatches off my arm..)
High shipping fees for samples ($18 for (20) samples yet $15 for shipping. Unless they ship with tracking, I would prefer to have it sent regular mail though in that case.)

Would I buy from them again? Yes, but I'm holding off hoping for the day they ever have a free shipping deal or something of the sort. They have so many shades I'd like to try (their iridescent shadows look wonderful, as well has their wide range of glitters and blues/greens) but I don't want to pay double what the order is just to get it mailed to me. I hate paying shipping.

Yeah, I don't know what's going on with my face either. Ferric over Crest.
Note: If you want to see anything specific in my makeup reviews, please let me know and I'll be sure to include them from now on. Secondly, if you have your own indie makeup and are looking for someone to do reviews, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment