Thursday 1 March 2012

Don't make a peep. (Make several!)

Easter was more fun as a kid. I'd give up eating candy for lent, any time candy came along I remember saving it, and then on easter day I would wake to a giant basket filled with even more candy. Cue me trying to make koolaid like juice out of pixi stix once (gross) and being a very hyper kid for the following days.

One thing I loved was peeps. I remember mom bought them one year and hid them on me so I wouldn't find them before easter.. And we never actually found them. Turns out she must have just thought she bought them because when we moved we cleaned out the whole house and never came across any (though we did find a wrapped campino candy behind the stove and both dove for it.. Whatever. I'm not ashamed.. Okay.. Maybe I am a little...)

Anyway! My point is, man I love peeps. How could you not? Covered in pretty colors, you eat the whole package of them at once then make yourself sick.. Yum. Since easter is coming up I'm seeing more and more amazing ideas sprouting up online for things to do with them and I had to share my favourites with you.

Birds egg nests from candies and pretzels. Om nom nom!!!
Peep smores! The only thing I don't understand is 'leftover peeps'. Left.. over?
Vegetarian peeps recipe for all those who can't and won't eat the originals. 
Recipe here, should be fairly straight forward.
Peep pops.
Peep wreath. This wouldn't last. I'd have to glue the peeps on with molasses or something. 
Stuffed peep pattern. How adorable are these?

1 comment: