Tuesday 6 March 2012

It's been a sci-fi kinda week.

So, I think I may need to go out and buy a watermelon asap, after seeing this picture.

Watermelon strawberry lemonade, does that not sound delish or what? Recipe here. 
It's my day off today, and it was nice to get to sleep in a little bit for once (I say a little bit because I probably slept until 8..). The last few days off I've had, for one reason or another, I've had to get up super early. I ended up going to explore the Rideau Centre mall and see what's what. I ended up giddily roaming around Sephora and MAC for far too long looking at all the fun makeup. What do you expect?? 

Speaking of makeup, I have seriously been enjoying My Beauty Addiction's eyeshadows. I finally have a brown shadow that I like for natural looks! ("Natural looks" is something I don't hear myself say often). Actually, 3 colors. Swiss Chocolate, Moonstruck, and Sand Dollar for highlighting. What a gorgeous set of colors. And what a cool company. They just had a games night on their facebook with a bunch of giveaways and such, and if I hadn't completely forgotten about it, I would have been there for it all. 

Hello uneven hair bump, how are you doing?


I also picked up Mass Effect 3 today, not for myself but for Mark, so I'm sure after we get back from supper that's what I'll be seeing and hearing in the background from now until it's done. :P. That's alright though, since we've just started watching Battlestar (he's seen it, I haven't) from the beginning, and just finished the show Firefly. So many spaceships. I was never a big sci-fi person but it really was one of the best shows I've ever seen. 

Besides that, not much new in my little corner of the universe. I still feel like I'm slacking with my posts, despite the tutorial I put up the other day. What can you do though? When you're busy you're busy, and when I haven't touched my sewing machine in what seems like ages, I've nothing to show you. Though I did get a great new slew of stuff from the fabric store, and oodles of zippers, so hopefully soon inspiration will hit :).

Now I'll leave you with a few pictures from exploring Qc the other evening.




I don't know why I like photographing trees so much. I just do.

2 comments: