Wednesday 9 May 2012

MMM Post #2

I decided to change it from weekly posts to a couple days at a time. That way it's not a huge post at the end of the week with nothing in between :).


May 6:


(I couldn't seem to get a good picture this day of my outfit so I put it on a hanger after work :P.)
Made by me: grey tanktop, resized/refashioned hoodie. For once I'm wearing a necklace not made by me, but one my aunt gave me. It's honestly one of the coolest necklaces I own! She was going to sell it at a flea market once and I told her I would buy it before it got on the table. Haha. I'll have to get a better picture of it sometime but this will give you the idea.


It makes an awesome jingly noise when I walk and is the perfect long necklace to spruce up shirts. I really should try my hand at making one similar to it so I can have it in other colors. :)

May 7:


Made by me: shredded shirt and the dino necklace :). One thing I've learned about these shirts is the more you wear them the longer they get! This is the oldest one I have (the 2nd I made, the first I didn't like and I got rid of) and it hangs past my knees in the back. Its kind of amazing, actually! I feel bad though, I went for quite the walk this day (to the mall to get new headphones) and I ended up breaking my poor dinos arms off. I figured it would happen eventually cause my purse strap sits right where he does but still.. Poor little guy! I'll have to make him some more.

May 8:

It was a super rainy day here and I was running out of clothes to wear before doing repeats so I used the weather as an excuse to wear my super snug spider web hoodie. A couple years ago Value Village was selling a whole bunch of stretchy fleece throw blankets in halloween patterns (spider webs, skulls, candy corn, etc). I used 2 blankets for the hoodie since the fabric only stretched one day and I regret to this day not buying more. ($5 a blanket, roughly a meter by a meter and a half, not bad!). I still have one blanket in the skull and crossbones fabric left and have a list of things it will be to decide between. I didn't get the chance to take a picture so here's an old one from my craftster account.


This is comfier than anything I've ever made.

May 9:

Today is my day off, finally! And my only one.. Boo! I got around to cutting and pinning the sleeves for a shirt (which I'll sew when I finish this post :P), and then I'll get my butt moving on the next thing. Since I'm just sitting inside all day I'm repeating my shirt from the first day, the grey tshirt.


I threw out a lot of things I made that I didn't really wear before the move to reduce the sheer amount of stuff that I have, but I'm really starting to regret it. Not only because of this challenge, but because I don't feel like I documented their existence well enough. And some things that I think are amazing! Why didn't I fix the little things and give them the love they deserve?? Oh well.. I can only hope that someone out there is loving them now.

No comments:

Post a Comment