Saturday 5 May 2012

MMM Week #1

May 1st:
Made by me: 'The Used' hoodie (recycled from a tshirt), grey and silver damask tshirt (which can't really be seen, but I showed it here), and my sewing machine necklace. Also: Def Leppard record purse to be listed on etsy. It went with the outfit ;P.


May 2nd:
Made by me: brown jersey hoodie (that used to be covered in gold micro glitter but many washes left the fabric plain brown, boo), pink tshirt that I didn't make but drew all over (shown here), fun. necklace and a button bobby pin.


The Mr. got a new road bike to take to work since the car is gone (new to us, the bike is actually from '85) that is so big I need to use the door frame to climb up onto it. Hahaha. Mad skillz.

May 3rd:
Made by me: Revamped an XL shirt I found at Value Village cause of how cool the straps are, and it's a little rockabilly what with the polka dots, wrap over front, side tie and all. Plus the gold puzzle piece necklace. Also: A cute zombie octopus plushie I got during a craft swap. I loves him so :3.


May 4th:
Made by me: One of the comfiest sweaters I've made. Plus the necklace :).


Thats a picture of my bass there, most of the stickers on it are of bands I don't listen to any more, but I find it has a lot of character and lots of memories attached to them so I doubt I'll be peeling them off any time soon.

May 5th:
The shrug from my tutorial here. I just noticed I'm wearing the same shirt with it from that tutorial as well.. I really need more plain black tshirts apparently!! Hahaha.


The weather seems to be getting nicer, which is good if I want to actually get through a whole month of self made clothing cause damn, this is tricky already! I've lots of dresses and skirts but if its chilly I won't want to wear them (in all honesty, I don't want to wear them now! I'm not a dress kinda gal, especially not when I have to sit on the bus for 2 hours a day. :P). I hope with this month I'll get through a lot of the things that I've been meaning to finish.

So that's the first week (as I plan to go from Sunday-Saturday). What do you think? How are you doing, if you're doing this challenge??? I've got a shirt half finished, another revamp that shouldn't take too long after that, and some gorgeous sweater fabric I want to get started on sooner than later. (A sweater? Sweater-dress? Comfy skirt? I don't know. I bought quite a bit of it though so I'll hopefully get a few things out of it).

On a last note, oh my god. Do I look tired in some of these pictures or what? It's cause I am. I don't know how fashion bloggers do it, constantly taking pictures of themselves. I don't have the time to take these pictures at normal hours so I end up doing it after work and looking all sleepy and gross. Off to bed with me!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, loving your stuff! You just gave me mega inspiration for a few pieces I now want to make for myself! That's what I'm loving about this challenge, it's getting me all geared up to actually get back in my sewing room a make a few things.

    And yea, I'm finding it kinda hard to, to find time to take photos! I work all day and get home around 6pm, so that's when I get time to do photos. Which also happens to be the time I look the worst, after a long day of stress at work...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah its hard, but we can do it! Thanks for the kind words :)

      Delete