Wednesday 16 November 2011

Mint Hot Chocolate Recipe

I've been wanting to make hot chocolate at home for a while now, but normally when I want to is when we're out and I'm cold and we end up going to a coffee shop. But after seeing lots of peppermint cookie and dessert recipes I decided I finally would make some mint hot chocolate.



Mint Hot Cocoa:


1 cup milk (any kind you want, we use 1%)
1 tbsp cocoa
2-3 tbsp sugar (White or unbleached)
Mint extract to taste
2 tbsp water

Optional: Whipped cream, crushed candy canes to garnish

In a pot on low heat, mix water, cocoa, mint and sugar. Mix until everything is desolved.
Turn up the heat and add the milk. Keep stirring until it's hot.

Pour in a mug, add any toppings you want, sit back and enjoy. 

This recipe is perfect. Its easy, you can replace the mint with any other extract flavouring to keep your tastebuds happy all year round.


No comments:

Post a Comment