Sunday 6 November 2011

New business cards with a home made stamp

The first time I made business cards I ordered them from Staples when they were 50% off, but when I ran out I really didn't want to pay so much for them again. I thought about ordering from some people from etsy so I could have them double sided with pictures of products and such, which I still may do someday, but in the end I decided to buy some scrapbooking paper and make my own as I needed them.

I was originally just writing the information on them in pen next to a wing stamp from my old logo but I have since changed all my layouts and wanted something new.


I ended up making the stamp from a white eraser. There's lots of tutorials for it online, but what I did was write the logo how I wanted it in pencil on a piece of paper, then going over it in sharpie. Then lay the paper down on the eraser and rub/scratch the paper so a slight ink transfer happened, then went over that in sharpie. After cutting out all the unwanted bits with my utility knife, I ended up with this. I think it looks great, and the best part is that the eraser picks up the texture of the ink pad fabric, which is a nice unintended surprise.


I am so pleased with these! The best part is I can use it on any paper so I can have various patterns depending on what scrapbooking stuff I find.


I think at some point I may mount the eraser onto something sturdy so it doesn't warp or split, but for the time being this is more than sufficient for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment