Friday 2 December 2011

Nail Ideas

I was going through some old photos tonight looking for pictures to use in an upcoming tutorial (need a few more supplies then I can share it!) And I came across these pictures I had of some nail art ideas and thought I would share.


Start with a gray base coat, then go over with black horizontal lines, and then gold. I love this style of nails and the best part is that you can do it with your bad hand sometimes better than your good one! Its allowed to be messy, it looks better that way! And how amazing would this look with red and green sparkles over white? I should pick up some new polishes for some Christmas-y nail ideas.


I started with the same gray base coat, then drew graffiti styled letters with a white paint pen, followed by outlining them in black sharpie. Should have been a black paint pen but I didn't have one. Topcoat to hold it all together and I had cool graffiti nails that said my name.


Double french tip nails from the craft show last week. I used the french tip stickers to make the lines on my nails (a couple millimeters lower than where the nail bed ends to make my nails look longer than they were) and did 2 coats of purple, and when that was dry, peeled the stickers off and freehanded gold stripes following the same curve. Topcoated twice to smooth down the glitter bumps.. These nails are so classy looking, and you can go with any color combination for whatever you're doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment