Saturday 17 December 2011

Painted Heels

Warning!: These turn a normal pair of heels into an extremely sexy 100% original pair of heels that makes people force you to stand on one foot so you can show them the other, and they look like shoes online that people sell for hundreds but will only cost you a fraction of the price! I already had the heels, paid $5ish for a pack of walmart brushes and $1.50 for each jar of paint.



This is really easy to do and you don't need expensive paints to make it look good. They didn't even take long to do! Tutorial is found here and is straight forward and simple. And trust me, if I can paint something that looks this good, anyone can. I have no painting ability besides nails, my mom is an amazing painter and she kept all those genes for herself.

Notes and Tips:

  • I forgot to buy yellow paint and ended up using a sharpie. This bled when I added the sealer (boo).
  • I can't paint fine lines so I used a black sharpie to do the outlines. This did not bleed.
  • Using the underpart of the heel is great because 1- its subtly hidden and 2- it does not bend so you don't have to worry about your walking around flaking off the paint. Someday I would like to try painting the other parts of heels but for now I plan to just paint the underneath. I also plan on doing this to every pair of heels I own, no joke (once I find a good sealer. I'm not careful/brave enough to go out without these sealed!)
  • Over time, the sealer yellowed the paints and seemed to melt back down. Now the shoes are sticky and it sucks. That's my own fault for being too cheap to get another kind and using the one I have for everything and going 'eh, it'll work..'. Seriously, look into it. Read on the cans what each one thing specializes in, and what materials you can put it on. It'll save you in the end.

1 comment: