Wednesday 8 February 2012

Blend in? I don't think so!

I've got a confession. I'm an eyeshadow-aholic. I've got so much and I always want to buy more. Seriously, look at all this:

They're all on the cookie sheet because I attached magnets to all the shadows. Now I can stand it up against something and they don't fall over. Eventually I'll get a pretty frame with a metal insert to spruce it up..
I tend to buy a lot of eyeshadows off etsy cause I like getting different colors I can't around here, trying out new brands, but best of all.. Sample sizes. I can get 10 eyeshadows for 10$ +S&H. And even though companies say 'good for 3-4 uses' I make my eyeshadows bright and interesting and I have yet to finish any of my samples as of yet. Getting close on a few of them, and when I do run out I'll buy some more.. But it's justified because its the only make up I wear.. right? Right? I think so. I don't use foundation or eyebrow stuff, and I own a whole 2 lipcolors, both red, and I wear neither.

Point being, I get so many different colors that they all last a really long time. And I figured I would share some of my favourite looks with you when I do them. I'm often too lazy to grab the Mr.'s nice camera so I can't promise the best pictures but I'll do what I can to show what I do, with what products, and what I think of them.

My friends call me brave for wearing such bright colors. I just think its fun :).

So! First up on the docket after this little ramble:
My 'Tequila Sunrise' look.



These pics are old, of the first time I did it. They're much better than the ones I tried to take today with it on though, trust me!
What I used:


Plus eyeliner, not in the photo :P. I also just realized I took a picture of the wrong palette (reasons why I shouldn't blog late at night). I used this palette (image courtesy of google):
And I used the 3 middle colors from this one.

How to:

Apply your primer/base. I ran out of primer so I've been going straight on with the Nyx pencil (in milk) to start.
Apply the yellow shadow to your lid until the crease.above the crease, fade the light orange, dark orange, and pink from the inner corner out, making sure to blend the pink really well and out a bit. Use the darker pink under the eye. Add mascara/eyeliner and you're all done.

Product reviews:
A little different way of doing the look (without the pink and more shading) that I had on today.

Nyx pencil: It creases a little bit by the end of the day (like you can see in this above picture that I took today) but this eyeshadow crayon is AMAZING! It helps keep your eyeshadows in place and it helps weak shadows POP if they don't have enough pigment to do it on their own. I don't even remember what I did before this.

LA Colors palette: Love it! Super cheap (got 2 palettes for 5-8$ at Urban Planet). Wonderful color payoff on the warm tones and it states right on the back that it's not tested on animals. Yay!

Concrete Minerals: I got their shadows off their etsy (which they no longer have) but they have their own proper website now, found here. The colors are true to image, and when I bought their little sample packs they included one free. Application is a dream and the texture is really nice and smooth. I use all but one of the shadows I bought from them regularly. (I don't use mad hatter, not because it isn't wonderful, but its too dark for the looks I want to use it for). Unfortunately it looks like they don't offer samples anymore so I don't know when I'll buy from them in the future (I find it hard to justify spending 7$ on just one color) but their stuff is wonderful so I'm sure I'll be back eventually.

The rest: Nothing that I would brag about, it does its job. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment