Saturday 25 February 2012

My Beauty Addiction Review

I received my order from My Beauty Addiction yesterday, and I cannot say how pleased I am! To start, incredibly fast shipping. I feel like I received it in no time! (This may also be because I didn't have to wait for the package to get to the east coast like I normally do, but regardless, it was mailed the next day after ordering.)


Everything arrived in a bubble mailer, with bubble wrap, and was sorted in mini ziplock bags according to the sets that I bought. And it came with a bonus sample!! I love when companies do that, because its almost always something I'd never buy myself but often love. So bonus points for that.

All the samples come in an extra deep clamshell container with a fair amount of product.

Toxic
Theirs on the left, standard clam shell on the right. 
The primer was also very different. Its more of a lip balm texture, where the others I've used have been liquid.  But it goes on wonderfully, its hard to use too much of it because of it being more solid, and holy moly does it hold on to the colors! Look at a few swatches I did on my hand, you can clearly see where the primer was applied.


L-R: Agent Orange, Karma, Chrome, Blue Currauco, Toxic, Shameless, Swiss Chocolate. 
The colors themselves are gorgeous, highly pigmented, and go on smooth as silk.

The whole lot. I figured it was time to invest in 'neutral colors' so there's a lot in there. 
The test run:


Shameless, Agent Orange, and Sand Dollar. (Plus 2 darker non MBA products above the crease.)
I wore these eyeshadows (with primer) out to a concert last night, where I had the shadows on for 6+ hours in the heat, dancing, moshing and general rocking experience. When I got home there was barely any creasing, way better than without a primer or with the last primer I had purchased. (I'm convinced I'll always have creasing, my eyelids just must be really oily :P).

The flash made it look worse than it was, I think. 
The second wear:
Wore it to work today and had only the worlds tiniest amount of creasing which was easily fixed with a touch of my finger, without having any shadow come off.

Verdict:
I would definitely suggest buying from them if you're looking for a great product and an independent makeup label. Great service. It's also nice to get a great primer for $5 instead of having to pay $15-$30.

No comments:

Post a Comment