Thursday 2 February 2012

One of a Kind Clothing, Yay or Nay?

I'm genuinely happy with the way my shop has been going since I started it a few years ago, but the more days that go by, the more time I feel I need to do everything I can to improve it. (Ignore me sitting on my computer right now.. I'm being productive I swear!)

Now, I have something to admit. I've always been nervous about making clothes for other people. Some deep rooted fear of me missing some detail and having everything fall apart when they wear it. (Impossible to miss a 'detail' like that, I know, and I've made enough clothes for myself to know that I know what I'm doing.) It will probably always be there though. Lately though, I feel like I should take Tamed Raven to the next step and make all these wonderful one of a kind pieces I've been dreaming about. Only problem being.. If there's only one of them.. How do I choose what size to make it? Am I the average? Or are most readers/shoppers bigger or smaller than me? I know that I everything should be varied, and that there's always going to be someone who likes something that's not their size (story of my life, do you know how many pieces of clothing I've held onto saying I'd resize it?) but here I don't even know where to start.

This is where all my readers come in, and I sincerely hope that you take a minute to give me your opinions. Do you often see a shop lacking in your size and you just wish someone would make things in your size already? Do things often run too short or too long? A little feedback would be wonderful.

So please, send an email or leave a comment and let me know what you think! As for now, there's a huge pile of fabric calling my name and a new purse pattern that I should finish testing. Thanks!

(Please note, I'm referring to women's clothing. I have no experience in sewing plus sized clothing besides hoodies nor do I have a plus sized dress form so it will be a little while before I try to make flattering XL clothing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment