Friday 13 January 2012

Seashell Tea Lights

50 crafts of 2012 project. 48 remaining.


I've been wanting to make these for a while, but wasn't sure how to get the shells now that I'm not living on an island. If I was still back in the cape odds are I could go walking on any beach/boardwalk and find something suitable to try this with, though probably not the same size as what I lucked out and found the other day.

I`m stoked on how these came out and want to get some more wax to make more. I think these would look amazing as a centerpiece of a table in a long rectangle glass dish, filled with sand or maybe those tiny glass fishtank decorations.


Also, may I mention how amazing the song Sail is by Awolnation?? I know it's gotten increasingly popular lately and many people have already heard it, but I've listened to it many times already today after having forgotten about its existence. It's definitely getting my creative juices flowing. Saying that, I'm hoping to scratch another of my 50 crafts off the list tomorrow! Wish me luck on not procrastinating this anymore...


4 comments:

  1. Crafting novice here...where did you get the wax? Does it come in a kit or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can probably buy it in a kit, I just bought a brick of wax from Michaels, along with a separate package of wicks as well (the ones with a metal base that stand up on their own).

    One thing I did learn was if you want scented or colored candles, instead of spending a lot of money on concentrates, just buy a scented candle, melt it down and use that.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look just like mine! Although I used beeswax. http://gardentherapy.ca/seashell-beeswax-tealights/

    ReplyDelete