Sunday 22 January 2012

Skating and a Jewelry Stand



This morning the Mr and I went skating down on the Rideau Canal (AKA the worlds biggest skating rink). I haven't been skating in about 8 years! It was a bit difficult (especially on ill fitting rented skates) but it came back fast enough and was quite fun. :).


Mid-skate we stopped for beavertails (the store was set up on the ice). For those non-Canadian readers, its a ginormous pastry  (like, the size of my keyboard) with nummy toppings. Cinnamon and sugar, or maple butter (which is what I got) or nutella and bananas, garlic butter and cheese... Mmmmm.

~

I also finally got to hang up my jewelry holder today. (47 of 50 crafts remaining).


Using that large frame I picked up the other week at Value Village, I added a print on top of the damask background that was already in it. I then painted a whole bunch of mini clothes pins silver and glued them to the glass around the print. They work great! For the tinier things (rings and pendants) I can use the top row (and actually put them in the clothespins), the necklaces just get hung over top along the sides and across the bottom. I'm stoked that I don't have to leave my jewelry in a messy pile on the dresser anymore.

 
'Single Again' by Angelina Wrona. A few years ago I bought 4 of her prints. 2 ended up as Christmas presents, and 2 for myself. This is the first time I've gotten to properly hang one up. Her work is just amazing. 

I accidentally put the background in a little crooked, but you can't notice the small gap in the corner in real life. 
I'm tired after skating but I'm also feeling very inspired, so I think I will have a short nap then mix up some epoxy and see what comes of it. Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Does anyone have Angelina Wrona photos for sale? If so, Please email me at uncivilized_chic@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete