Friday 21 October 2011

Sewing extravaganza!


I'm trying to go through the majority of my fabrics before I buy any more, and to start I'm trying to finish all my half done craft items.
Two days ago I finished this hoodie for myself that I started before the move.


Me looking oh so awkward..
I realized that I had cut the front too narrow so I put in a panel of some fun fabric was once a skirt I bought years ago for the very purpose of making something out of. I also kept the skirt pockets the same for the hoodie.

After finishing that, the boyfriend and I drew up the designs for his. I promised him a hoodie in the summer, and now that its colder out it was the perfect time to make it. This pattern was a bit more complex (doubled side panels and the white stripes, that looks like a black capped chickadee apparently..) but it came out fitting pretty well. I ended up taking apart an old hoodie of his that fit well for the pattern and adjusted as needed.




I'm super happy with how this one came out, the first piece of clothing I've made for a guy. And I'm happy to be back in the zone of sewing, and plan to more after I clean up.

I have some really fun ideas that I hope to sew up and put in the store sooner than later! They came to me in a dream I had..

No comments:

Post a Comment