Saturday 15 October 2011

Halloween Makeup Tutorial: Gore-less wounds


Okay, this time around I'm going to share with you an easy way to make good looking wounds for Halloween, without the use of fake blood, fake skin or anything like that. Its great for costumes where you want to have some wounds but don't want to be messy or scary.


What you need is:
Red eyeshadow, facepaint, lipstain or marker
Black liquid liner or pencil liner
Black eyeshadow

How-to:

First, I drew some lines of red. narrow at the ends and a little wider in the middle. (For 2 of these, I used a red lipstain marker that I covered with eyeshadow, for the bottom right wound I used just red eyeshadow mixed with mixing medium. You can use water, mixing medium or eyedrops, but I prefer to have the base down, the color is darker).


Then trace around the red with black. For 2 I used a liquid eyeliner 'marker' and the bottom right an eyeliner pencil. I find liquid eyeliner works much better for this (but I don't have any of the normal kind).

Next, I used some black eyeshadow to blend. Darker along the black edges and a darker still in the corners.


Finally, draw in your 'stitches' any way you would like. Again, liquid eyeliner works better for this because the line is much sharper.


And there you have it! Simple wounds without all the ick. Just make sure its not on an area that's going to get too sweaty or rubbed up against things as it is only makeup :P

I would love to see your version if you do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment