Wednesday 12 October 2011

Halloween How-to: Spooky Skeleton Makeup

Hi guys! I wanted to share a halloween makeup look with you for a creepy undead/skeleton costume. I only did half my face in the pictures but you can do the other side easily enough for a full skeleton.


1: cover half your face in white face paint (I'm using stuff from the dollar store.. Works alright, but if you have a powder to cover it or something thicker, I'd use that)


2: Use a black eyeliner to draw a jaggedy line down your face, seperating the white and the normal. 

3: Use some red eyeshadow to color in your eye socket, then go over it in black.


4: Draw a line coming from the corner of your mouth, and draw vertical lines for teeth. (Make sure your pencil is very sharp or use liquid eye liner, you want a thin sharp line.) Add some red in between the 'teeth' if you wish.

5: Do your makeup however you want to on the other side of your face. (I only had the makeup for the creepy side with me so I had to make due.)



6: Using red and black, add some gore to the skull side of the face where the jaggedy line is. Thats where the skin is 'seperated'. blend it well, but have it messy!

7 (Not shown): This is where I would also add fake blood if I had any. Down the face in the split and on the mouth/down the chin. Have fun with it!

(Note: I feel like this looks a little half assed, and I apologise. This is actually the second time I've taken pictures for this tutorial!) 

1 comment:

  1. I think it looks awesome with just half the face done. I am so doing this to my daughter this year.

    ReplyDelete