Friday 21 October 2011

Halloween Makeup Tutorial: Sugar Skull (Day of the Dead)


I plan on being a sugar skull for Halloween, this or something close to it. So I figured I would do a test run and while I was at it do a tutorial for you all.



How to:

1: Cover your face in white facepaint.

2: Draw circles around your eyes for the sockets. I chose to go just above my eyebrows as it would be easier, but you could also cover your eyebrows first (many tutorials on youtube, look up 'how to cover eyebrows with a gluestick') for a sleeker look.


3: Color the sockets in! I started with a bright pink (mixed with mixing medium), then on the outter areas a darker pink, and then black.

 

4: Draw a spade shape on the nose.


5: Draw lines out from the corner of the mouth, curving upwards into a spiral. Then add vertical lines for the teeth.


6: I then drew a spiderweb design on my forehead. I've seen different styles including roses, swirls, etc..
These best designs are done with a liquid eyeliner, though I used a pencil since I don't have that.


7: Add some petal designs around the eyes and color them in. Either part way or all way around.


8: Add any other designs you want and you are good to go!
As always, if you try this, I would love to see your version :)

No comments:

Post a Comment