Saturday 8 October 2011

10 Halloween Nail Ideas and Text How-to.



Halloween Nails

Its no secret I'm kind of obsessed with nail polish/nail art. I wanted to share some nail ideas I've found for Halloween with you!

Paint a french tip however you normally do (either with tape or sideways brush strokes) in each color. Use a nail art pen, small brush or stickers to add details.
SO amazing! No easy way to explain how to do this.. you just really have to freehand it and hope for the best :P
Paint nails green. Go back with a dotting tool for the eyes, a small brush or nail art pen for the mouth and messy  brush strokes for the hair.
Paint nails white. Use a nail art pen or small brush for the stripes sideways, and a dotting tool for the eyes.
Paint nails white (or whatever base color you want). To get the splatter effect you need to dip a straw into the nail polish and blow it at your nails. 
Paint your nails yellow. When it is dry, tape off the bottom and paint with orange. Peel off the tape, tape off again higher up (when the orange is dry) and paint white. 
These are my favourite! I cannot wait until its closer to Halloween so I can do this, and I will probably include a picture tutorial on how to do it. Basically though, paint your nails green, add red stripes, and then little thin black lines across it to look like stitches. Add as many shades and shadows as you can or keep it neat.
In this photo I think they had the areas taped off, but you could get the same effect with a black crackle polish over the color of your choice.
Make dots using your dotting tool, then draw small lines up to the top of your nails to connect them. Paint across the top for even coverage.
Paint nails orange, using a nail art pen to draw on the face.
Don't forget to topcoat any nail art to keep it from chipping :).
If any of these pictures belong to you let me know and I will credit it. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment